This July and August, Portland Children’s Museum will offer weekly camps for children ages 4–10, with added safety measures. Using Governor Kate Brown's statewide Guidance for School Aged Summertime Day Camps, we have reenvisioned Summer Camp plans in order to continue to explore, discover, and create together this July and August!
NEW STATEWIDE RULES: Effective 7/24/20
All campers will be required to wear masks beginning Friday, July 24, in order to comply with the updated mask mandate for children from Governor Kate Brown. Campers must wear their mask at all times while inside, and outside while close to others—unless they are eating or drinking.
What to Expect this Summer:
- Groups of 10 or Less: Campers will be in stable groups of 10 or fewer with consistent staff members for their entire week of camp. If siblings are attending, they will be in the same group as each other despite age differences.
- Building Closed to Public: Portland Children’s Museum will be closed to the public. Campers will have the unique opportunity to play and enjoy the Museum in their small group during the week without being alongside the regular summer crowds.
- Face Coverings Required for Campers: All campers are now required to wear a face mask at all times while inside, and outdoors when close to others—unless they are eating or drinking.
- Designated Spaces & Staggered Timing: Each camp group will have designated indoor classroom space, bathrooms, and entrance to the building used only by their group and sanitized multiple times each day. Time in the indoor and outdoor Museum spaces will be staggered to ensure distance and time to sanitize between groups.
- Wellness Surveys: Campers and staff will have wellness surveys each day to screen for symptoms of illness. This will include a temperature reading, checking for any new symptoms, and any known exposure to COVID-19.
- Meal Modifications: Campers will be required to bring their own lunch and snacks for health safety reasons.
Read the Museum's Communicable Disease Management Plan.
July & August: 8:30 am–3 pm
*After Care available from 3–5:30 pm for an additional cost.
Cost: $305 per week
*Members receive a 10% discount in their account at checkout.
July 6–10: Clay Inventors SOLD OUT
Fire up your creativity for a week of clay experiments! Investigate and build with different types of clay and glazes. Plus, witness the pottery wheel in action!
July 13–17: Fossil Investigators SOLD OUT
Venture to the past! Explore what the world was like when dinosaurs roamed the earth. Practice being a paleontologist.
July 20–24: Creative Heroes SOLD OUT
Unearth your super kindness powers! Spend the week discovering how to be a hero, designing heroic accessories to wear, and using your create super powers to help others.
July 27–31: Inspired Engineers
Spend the week inventing and engineering with the tools of an art studio! Explore ways to create with science as we experiment and build using a variety of art and recycled materials.
August 3–7: Inventive Artists
Tap into your inner artist during a week of colorful fun in our creative laboratory! We will investigate ways to mix painting, printmaking, and more to make new creations.
August 10–14: Mystery Explorers
Sharpen your sleuthing skills during a week of detective discoveries! We will use artistic explorations to uncover facts, inspect evidence, and solve mysteries.
August 17–21: Cosmic Detectives
Blast off into a week of exploring planets, stars, and beyond! We will discover what is happening in our universe and use it to inspire intergalactic art.
August 24–28: Museum Masters
The Best of Summer: Celebrate the end of summer by enjoying Museum Summer Camp favorites! Explore our favorite activities from all of 2020 Summer Camps, hand-selected by campers from all the previous weeks.
Summer 2020 will be different than any other summer. We have updated our Cancellation Policy to support families and Museum staff in remaining as healthy as possible. We are happy to help figure out what options will work best for your family if you need to make changes to any registration.
- Registration costs are transferable to camps with available space this summer, or for any future camp program through the end of August 2021.
- If you need to cancel your registration for a full refund before the camp starts, please call 503-471-9922.
- If a camper needs to withdraw after camp has started, we will not be able to issue a refund.
- In cases of unforeseen interruption of operations to the Museum, you will be notified of any confirmed closure as soon as possible and informed about refunds for affected registration(s).