Explore, discover, and create with Portland Children’s Museum Summer Camps! Each week campers will combine art materials with science and nature explorations to spark their imaginations. All camps include visits to indoor and outdoor Museum exhibits. With a different theme every week, there are always new adventures to discover!
8:30 a.m.–3 p.m.
*After Care available from 3–5:30 p.m. for additional cost
Museum Camp: Ages 4-7
Museum Camps are ready to encourage imagination and expand creativity for ages 4-7! Experienced and first-time campers will all enjoy exploring our weekly camp themes with a variety of materials and activities in the Museum’s indoor and outdoor spaces.
Adventure Camp: Ages 8-10
Introducing a new way to discover and adventure with camps! Our new Adventure Camp for ages 8-10 explores our weekly camp themes using the Museum as a base for daily excursions into Washington Park. We will walk in the park each day using the outdoors as our classroom and source of creative inspiration.
Cost: $305 per week
*Members receive a 10% discount in their account at checkout
- June 8-12: Wild Scientists
- Take an adventure into the wild side of arts and science! We will spend the week discovering the animal kingdom and creating with natural materials.
- June 15-19: Budding Gardeners
- Dig into a week of plants, insects, and experiments! We will combine natural materials with scientific investigations about what grows in the garden and the bugs who live there.
- June 22-26: Art Ninjas
- Become a stealthy artist at the Museum! We will spend the week using drawing, painting, and more to complete artistic missions and make masterpieces.
- June 29 - July 3: Underwater Voyagers
- Dive into a week of exploring water and creatures who live in watery worlds! We will discover more about wet habitats, experiment with water, and create artwork inspired by rivers, lakes and oceans.
- July 6-10: Clay Inventors
- Fire up your creativity for a week of clay experiments! We will investigate and build with different types of clay, glazes, and see the pottery wheel in action.
- July 13-17: Fossil Investigators
- Embark on an adventure to the past! We will explore what the world was like when dinosaurs were alive and try out becoming a paleontologist.
- July 20-24: Creative Heroes
- Unearth your super kindness powers! We will spend the week discovering how to be a hero, design heroic accessories to wear, and use creativity to help others.
- July 27-31: Inspired Engineers
- Spend the week inventing and engineering with the tools of an art studio! We will explore ways to create with science as we experiment, build, and create using a variety of art and recycled materials.
- August 3-7: Inventive Artists
- Tap into your inner artist during a week of colorful fun in our creative laboratory! We will investigate ways to mix painting, printmaking, and more to make new creations.
- August 10-14: Mystery Explorers
- Sharpen your sleuthing skills during a week of detective discoveries! We will use artistic explorations to uncover facts, inspect evidence, and solve mysteries.
- August 17-21: Cosmic Detectives
- Blast off into a week of exploring planets, stars, and beyond! We will discover what is happening in our universe and use it to inspire intergalactic art.
- August 24-28: Museum Masters
- Celebrate the end of summer by enjoying Museum Summer Camps favorites from the summer! We will explore the favorite activities from all of 2020 Summer Camps picked out by campers from all the previous weeks.