Explore, discover, and create with Portland Children’s Museum Summer Camps! Each week campers will combine art materials with science and nature explorations to spark their imaginations. All camps include visits to indoor and outdoor Museum exhibits. With a different theme every week, there are always new adventures to discover!
Ages: 4-6 and 7-9 years.
Time: 8:30 a.m.–3:00 p.m. | After Care available from 3-5:30 p.m. for additional cost, see below.
Cost: All camps are $290 unless noted (15% off for members, applied automatically at checkout)
- June 10-14: Budding Gardeners
- Dig in to a week of plants, dirt, and experiments! We will discover what is sprouting in the garden, how to grow plants, and create with natural materials.
- June 17-21: Adventurous Artists
- Adventure into painting, drawing, printmaking, and more! Each day we will explore mixing materials and creating a wide variety of artwork.
- June 24-28: Clay Explorers
- Fire up your creativity for a week of clay exploration! Create pieces with a variety of clay, experiment with glazes, and see the pottery wheel in action.
- July 1-3: Slime Engineers
- Combine science and chemistry to create slime, bubbles, and more for three days of messy fun! We will experiment with ingredients and concoct formulas as we discover what makes our favorite goo.
- This camp is 3 days long and the cost is $180.
- July 8-12 -Artistic Inventors
- Blast off into a week of creative inventing and engineering! Explore using paper, cardboard, recycled materials, and a variety of art media to design new inventions.
- July 15-19: Creative Heroes
- Unearth your super kindness powers! Spend the week discovering how to be a hero and use creativity to help others.
- July 22-26: Nature Builders
- Explore science and spark your creativity in nature! We will combine natural materials with scientific investigation to create masterpieces and discover the outdoors.
- July 29 - August 2: Music Masters
- Discover and experiment with sound, noise, and music. We will learn the basics of making music, invent instruments, and explore sound.
- August 5-9: Masterpiece Makers
- Connect to your artist through hands-on projects and art explorations! We will adventure in the Museum exhibits to find inspiration, discover with new materials, and get creative.
- August 12-16: Story Scientists
- Create and discover with your favorite stories as "once upon a time" meets science! We will explore how characters in stories could rescue someone from a tower, use engineering to build houses that are wolf-proof, and solve more fairy tale dilemmas.
- August 19-23: Underwater Detectives
- Dive into a week of exploring water and learning about creatures who live in the seas! We will create artwork inspired by the ocean, experiment with water, and discover more about our watery world.
After Care each week from 3-5:30 p.m.
Extend the camp day with After Care! During After Care, campers will have an additional snack, visit outdoor or indoor Museum exhibits, and enjoy a variety of free-choice art or play explorations in the classroom. Adults may pick-up campers at any time during After Care. Registration is for the full week of After Care.
Cost: $85 for all camps except our shorter camp, Slime Engineers, when After Care will be $60.