The most rewarding part of planned giving is knowing that you can make truly impactful gifts to organizations and people important to you.
A planned gift to Portland Children’s Museum offers many potential benefits. You may:
- Leave a lasting and important legacy for the next generation of children
- Receive an immediate income tax deduction
- Reduce your income, estate, and capital gains taxes
There are many ways to give to Portland Children’s Museum. We welcome the opportunity to help you develop a gift arrangement that meets your philanthropic and financial goals. All gifts are subject to Portland Children’s Museum Gift Acceptance Policy. Types of gifts accepted are:
- Stocks and Securities
- Charitable Remainder Trusts
- Charitable Lead Trusts
- Life Insurance Polices
- Real Property
It is important to consult with your attorney or financial advisor before making major financial decisions. Our staff can work with your advisors to help you explore the options and benefits in your gift planning process.
General Unrestricted Bequest Language
- Sample Language: I give to Portland Children’s Museum (Tax ID 93-1278089), a nonprofit children’s museum located in Portland, OR, the sum of $ ______ (OR_____% of my estate OR the property described herein). The property comprising this gift may be used for its general support and charitable purposes without restriction, at the discretion of its Board of Directors.
Since your charitable bequest may not come to Portland Children’s Museum for many years, general bequests are the most valuable as they allow the Museum to apply your funds wherever the need is greatest at the time.
Please let us know if you have included Portland Children’s Museum as a beneficiary through your will or living trust. We would love to able to say “thank you” during your lifetime. We will keep your information strictly confidential unless you give us permission to publicly acknowledge your generosity.
Please contact Delanie Delimont at 503.506.0476 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss opportunities for planned giving.