CREATE A PEACEFUL PROTEST POSTER
Use your voice to send a positive message into the world! Peaceful protest posters are a powerful form of communication, especially when combined with caring words or drawings and thoughtful actions. So, let’s get to it!
Recycled Cardboard or Poster Board
Pencil · Crayons, Markers, or Paint
Wooden Paint Stick, Cardboard Tube, or a Branch
Glue or Tape
Time: 20 Minutes
Step 1: Think about a what you care about: Is it the environment? Black Lives Matter? Girl Power? Animals? Reading? It can be anything, even a kind word.
- Create a short, bold sentence that brings attention to your cause. Sketch your words on a poster board.
- Or, draw a picture! For those peaceful protestors that can’t yet write, a drawing or scribble can communicate a thousand words
Step 2: Decide on COLORS for your poster. Bright and eye-catching? Dark and contrasting?
- Decorate your sign with crayons, markers, or paint.
- Remember, there’s no wrong way to make a protest poster!
Step 3: Attach your carboard tube, paint stick, or branch to your poster using glue or tape. Or, just use your hands!
· Proudly display your peaceful protest poster in your front yard, bedroom window, or in a parade.
Keep using your voice to make a positive difference in the world!