Contact the Dorothea Lensch Society office at 503.506.0478
or send us a message.
The Dorothea Lensch Society Impact
Society members have a direct impact on the Museum’s efforts to have a world where everyone retains and values the innate curiosity, creativity and empathy of childhood. Your annual support provides the resources to:
- Keep visitor-favorite exhibits alive and thriving and bring new exhibits to life.
- Break down barriers to access by helping to fund free or low-cost visits for underserved families and communities, allowing maximum accessibility for all.
- Develop hands-on, educational programs that give every child a voice.
- Help provide professional development for teachers around the globe on innovative learning approaches.
- Engage adults and caregivers in playful learning that strengthen their relationship with children.
- Help underwrite subsidized fieldtrips for school children.
Benefits of Dorothea Lensch Society
By joining the Dorothea Lensch Society, you stand alongside an invaluable group of philanthropists and community leaders who demonstrate their ongoing commitment every year to amplify children's voices, make their ideas visible, and strengthen the bonds between them and the important people in their lives.
In thanks for your annual gift of $1,000 or more, we offer a range of benefits such as special access, unique experiences, and exclusive events.
All members of the Museum’s Dorothea Lensch Society receive:
- Full membership privileges for up to four individuals including free Museum admission, discount for camps, classes, Museum Store, and facility rentals, and one free guest admission at each visit.
- Invitation to the annual summer Soiree and Play events, a unique Museum experience with special guests and hands-on play for both adults and children.
- Complimentary concierge service for special requests and customized visits.
- Six Museum guest passes for friends and colleagues.
- Invitation to an exclusive family-friendly Sleepunder at the Museum.
- Invitation to the annual VIP Reception, new exhibit openings, Museum’s Boo Bash, and more.
- Free admission to Grown-ups’ Night Out events and invitation to the VIP Happy Hour.
- Two tickets to Music Fest.
- Half-off admission to more than 200 children’s museums in North America through ACM’s reciprocal benefits.
- Recognition as a Friend’s Circle member in the Museum Annual Report.
Ways to Join
Online: Join immediately here
Mail: Portland Children’s Museum, Attn: Dorothea Lensch Society, 4015 SE Canyon Road, Portland, Oregon 97221 (Please make checks payable to the Portland Children’s Museum)
Monthly Giving: Prefer to give a set amount each month? With monthly payment options, giving has never been easier! Monthly payments start as low as $85 a month. We will gladly assist you in a payment plan that works best for you, just call 503.506.0478.
Workplace Giving: Employers also chip in to help build a strong Museum community. We accept matching gift payments from employers so that your job can meet you halfway or double your impact.
*Please consult your tax adviser regarding the tax implications of accepting certain benefits associated with donations made through companies, donor-advised funds, family trusts, and other types of foundations.