The Community Partners Program helps families who face economic, social, or physical barriers share in the joy of the Museum. In addition to offering reduced-cost memberships to qualified families, the Community Partners Program collaborates with over 200 organizations like Title I schools, libraries, government agencies, and non-profits to develop strategies to connect under-served communities to the arts. With so many deserving families applying each month, priority is given to the families residing within 20 mile radius from the Museum.
Family Access Membership includes:
Unlimited admission for two named adults and four named children living in the same household and one free guest with each visit.
Does Your Family Qualify for the $10 Family Access Membership?
Family Access Membership FAQ:
Q: What is needed to apply for a Family Access membership?
1. Completed application
2. Copy of ONE of the following requirements WITH CURRENT DATES. Do not send originals, they will not be returned. (Please note that we cannot make copies)
- Food Stamps
- Free and Reduced School Lunch
- WIC (Women Infants and Children)
- TANF (Temporary Assistance For Needy Families)
- Section 8 / Public Housing
- CHIP (Children’s Health Insurance Plan)
- Low Income Energy Assistance
Q: How do I turn in my application materials?
Membership Access Program
Portland Children’s Museum
4015 SW Canyon Road
Portland, OR 97221
Turn in at the Museum Box Office
Q: How long will it take to process my application? How will I know when I am a member?
- In 4-6 weeks you will get a letter in the mail letting you know if you qualified
- If you qualify, bring in the letter & your photo ID to receive your membership cards
- Inquiries on the status of your application will not be returned
Q: How long will my membership last?
-Family Access memberships are good for one year. Your membership will be active until the end of the month of the following year. For example, memberships accepted in May 2010 will be active until May 31, 2011.
- You may apply for a second year by resubmitting current documents. Family Access membership is limited to two, one-year memberships
Q. What if I do not qualify for Family Access membership?
-Portland Children’s Museum is also a partner in Arts for All, a program that allows $5 admission to Oregon Trail cardholders. Click here for more information about this program.
Head Starts, Title I schools, some non-profits, schools or organizations working with families or children who have significant barriers to access may be eligible for the Community Partners Program, if they apply and are accepted to the program. Becoming a Community Partner may qualify your organization for the following benefits:
• Discounted group admission rates for pre-scheduled visit/field trips (based on availability)
• Limited free passes to the Museum for the families served
• Arts-based programming for families and staff, delivered in your community and/or at the Museum at a discounted rate/20% off.
In the past year, more than 35,000 children and their caregivers participated in the Community Partners Program. The Museum cannot meet every request, but we strive to meet as many as we can. Please book field trips and make requests as early as possible.
If you have any ideas about how the Museum can partner with your school or agency, we would love to hear about it!