January 28-May 14
Share, listen, connect, ask, and learn about feelings and emotions.
Through facial expressions, words, movement, art making and other hands-on activities, XOXO: An Exhibit About Love & Forgiveness provides children and caregivers the opportunity to think about and explore feelings through a variety of activities designed to help them understand, appreciate, and express their emotions. At XOXO visitors can:
- Illuminate a hidden message about love by Holding Hands
- Answer questions about love and forgiveness, and tie them to a wall for others to read at the Response Wall
- Write down loving thoughts and press them into Tokens of Love
- Work together to Balance on a seesaw or connect an infinite Story Puzzle
- Create Silhouettes using a unique set up of light boxes
- Build and explore a variety of facial expressions using Empathy Blocks
- Release the Negative by drawing or writing down what makes you angry or sad and then crank it through a paper shredder
- Speak into Tone Phones and watch how your voice affects shapes projected on a screen
XOXO: An Exhibit About Love & Forgiveness was created in 2014 by Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh, with support from The Fetzer Institute.