11:15 a.m. – 12 p.m. Sign, Sing, & Play (ages 9 months – 2.5 years)
Sign language, music, and movement class for ages 9 months to 2.5 years and their caregivers.
Cost: $15 per family*
*A 1:1 child to caregiver ratio is recommended to ensure everyone benefits from this learning opportunity
You will learn:
- What types and how many signs to introduce to your child
- Keys to success
- How to recognize your child’s first signs
- Attention getting strategies
- Abstract signs
- Strategies, ideas and specific demonstrations of how to teach certain signs- especially abstract ones which are more challenging to teach without proper guidance.
Each class offers a chance to learn and discover for you and your child. Learn more about your child's unique development and why certain activities are used in the class to help encourage this development, such as nurturing their imagination, playfulness, problem solving, social skills and musicality.
Why is music and movement such a big part of a Tiny Talker’s sign language class? Music stimulates and awakens different parts of the brain, immersing the child in language and helps develop memory while movement helps to develop their coordination.
*Space is limited, register online
*Caregivers must stay for the duration of the workshop
*Admission to the Portland Children's Museum is not included in this price
Ms. Shira grew up in St. Louis MO, where she enjoyed being the daughter of a professional singer, attending his concerts and even performing on his some of his albums. Throughout her early years, Shira played piano and guitar and sang in choirs. Ms. Shira and her husband moved to Portland OR in 1999 and have enjoyed every minute of living in the beautiful Northwest. They have two children of their own.
Ms. Shira's career with children began as a certified nanny and later as a preschool teacher. When her children were young, Shira discovered the amazing benefits of using sign language with hearing babies.
Shira Fogel is the founder of Tiny Talkers, in which she teaches Baby Sign Language workshops as well as Sign, Sing and Play.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- Cancellations made 7 days or more before the start of the class are subject to a full refund. Classes are non-refundable within 7 days of the class.
- In the event that minimum enrollment is not met, we reserve the right to cancel or reschedule a class. If this happens a full refund will be issued.