Come one come all to The Market-- newly renovated to a garden, grocery store, cafe, food truck, and farmer’s market stall! Explore the role of food in our lives in this interactive, sensory, garden to table exhibit that brings children’s imaginations to life. Celebrate the role of food in enriching and nourishing our lives to grow strong, nurturing, communities with us!
THE MARKET GRAND OPENING September 10, 2017, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Mini Farmers Market 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. on the front Patio - featuring local whole fruits and veggies for guests to sample
Peter Rabbit Meet & Greet 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Rabbits need naps too, Peter will make appearances intermittently throughout the day
Bee and Bloom Table 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Feature collaborative elements from The Market and their work in the community
Portland Children’s Museum Exhibit’s Team Table 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Show and tell about the process of planning and building the exhibit
- Drawings of the exhibit and hands-on elements (unfinished wood pieces and final pieces), DIY food props highlight
Juice Toast to The Market 1 – 1:15 p.m. in The Market
- At 1 p.m. guests and staff will gather around The Market for a juice toast. Cheers!
Make food and flowers inspired by The Market 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. in the Clay and Maker Studios
- Families create their own Market items using clay in the Clay Studio and recycled materials in the Maker Studio
Food Drive all day in the Art Gallery
- Guests are invited to bring in canned food to support Oregon Food Bank
Fruits and Veggies Dress Up all day in the Theater and The Market
- Child and adult size costumes for dress up play